Sunday, April 26, 2009

Amazing Pressed Coins - Part 1. :D


I love pressed coins!!! It's always been my addiction (one of many). I think it's a very smart souvenir idea! :) After a bit of research, I find their correct name should be "Elongated pennies or pressed pennies" :D

Whenever I see these coin press machines, I have to get some! :D It's a perfect witness to where I have ever been.

These coins usually costs US$ 0.51 to make. 2 quarters + 1 penny. :) Whenever I travel to USA, I always keep some quarters in my purse, not only for car parking meters, but for these pet peeves of mine too. :D

Here is a showcase of what I have kept.

These 2 are from the Dole Plantation in Oahu, Hawaii. :) Mike and I went there back in summer of 2006. :) It was such a fun trip.

Dole is famous for their pineapples there, which I loathe. :P But I had enjoyed the largest Maze of the world there which is shown on the coin on the top.

This is the Battleship Arizona memorial pressed coin. It's a very solemn place.

The above 2 coins are about USS Missouri and USS Bowfin also located at the Pearl Harbor.

This is a coin pressed made at another memorable place in Oahu, the Byodo-In Temple. It's a replica of the Byodo-in temple in Kyoto, Japan.

It's such a tranquil place. We even get to see live peacock and other exotic birds roaming freely on the temple grounds.

This is the depiction of the large sitting Buddha inside the temple.

That's all the coins I have pressed in Hawaii. Such a lovely place!

I will show you some of my California collection later. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember I also got some pressed coins when I visited Disneyland.

HL

Tickle LaBean said...

Yeah! :D I refused to go to HK disneyland before....

Now maybe there's a reason go to finally. :D hehe

Anonymous said...

Did she mean the HK Disneyland or elsewhere's?

SL

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am referring to the Disneyland in California, not the one in HK.

I haven't been to HK Disneyland either... and I am still thinking a reason to go to visit this small park.

HL

Tickle LaBean said...

According to a pressed coin collector site, there are pressed coin machines at HK disneyland too! :D

There's 1 reason now for me to go :D Maybe if I could count 3... then I will go :D hhehhe