Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Amazing Pressed Coins - Part 2. :D

:D Let's show you the rest of my Elongated penny collection. :)

These are from California, my favorite states of USA. :D

Somehow, I could only find these ones from Monterey and from San Jose. I am sure I had some made at the Coit Tower in San Francisco, but I can't locate them just now.

I got this one from a gift store called Kristonio's.

I got this one at the Mackerel Jack's Trading Co. It's also a gift store. :D

Now this one is very special. It's from the Wax Museum in the Cannery Row. Why is it so special? According to this site, it's retired!! It means the press machine has been removed and this design can no longer be made. :) This is so kewl. :D

Now, let's check out some at San Jose.

I didn't have the chance to roam around San Jose to get many of these made. When we visited the Rosicrucian Museum, I made these 2 below.


That's it for now. :D

If you asked me what regret do I have in life... I would have answered that I do now have a quarter (0.25 US$) tree which grow enough quarters for me to make these coins. :D hehe

For more information about these pressed elongated pennies, please visit: http://www.pennycollector.com/AreaList.aspx

No comments: