Sunday, April 12, 2009

Japanese Bento Dinner :P

We have moved to our new office for almost 2 months, my colleagues and I have been trying many of the local flavors day after day. :D

The other day, I had tried this little Japanese restaurant called "New Roly-Poly" :)

This is the menu. :D I ordered # 656, Grilled Cod fish Bento. :)

This was the meal I ordered at Roly-Poly (新不倒翁).

Bento reminds me of my Edmonton school days.

There was a Japanese restaurant, Shogun, right at the ground floor of my apartment which my best friends Liza and Michelle visited often.

This bento didn't meet up to "Shogun"'s bento's standard.

For a mere CAN$15 (Back 15 years ago, Candian$ was so much cheaper than today :D), Shogun's house bento gave you: assorted sashimi, a piece of big thick grilled cod, shrimp tempura, a small slice of juicy steak, a salad, a small portion of rice, miso soup, fruits and dessert! I used to buy a box of bento and splited it for 3 or 4 meals!!!

We treated Shogun like our canteen. :D We befriended the lovely handsome Chefs there so well that we always get free complimentary dishes. :D The chairs at the sushi bar there practically have our butt imprinted on it! :D HAHAH.

Oh the good old days.. :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I went to Shogun with you once. If not, what was the Japanese place where you brought me to in Edmonton?
SL

Tickle LaBean said...

yup. that's the place. :)